Sunday, July 15, 2007

Guages

Guages, originally uploaded by Martin~.

I am definitely a sucker for bright shiny colours and just couldn't resist the reds and yellows sharply contrasted against a dark background. I think that even the lens flare adds something to the composition. Although I must confess to boosting the contrast a little and applying some soft focus.

A picture of the mechanical workings of a fire engine used to deliver water to the seat of a blaze. This photograph came from a series that also generated the earlier False Alarm post

1 comment:

Boyd said...

Hi Martin. This shot is a really interesting composition that forces the eye to roam in an attempt to resolve the image completely. I think that you are correct, the lens flare doesn't detract from the image, although it might have been better if the flare at the bottom wasn't quite so dramatic. Oddly enough, I find the small amount of hose in the top left corner more distracting than the flare. I do think that it is a nice shot with good use of colour. It is also good to make the link to the earlier shot (and now I am wondering about the source of strong light when it seems so soft in the other one).