Friday, June 22, 2007

Mime Statue

Mime Statue, originally uploaded by Martin~.Spent an hour or so at lunchtime today wandering around the streets looking for interesting subjects, (people taking photographs). Initially I loitered at the new Brisbane Square, which has become a popular place for people eating their lunch, having a quiet cigarette or just basking in the winter sun. The square still attracts a high number of passerby’s who photograph family/friends using the sculptured balls as backdrops; although the environment isn’t really conducive to getting close to people taking images without appearing as if one might be up to no good! Wandering further afield did not prove fruitful and it wasn't until returning to the mall that I came across a busking “mime” statue and was able to stand quite close to the action to snap this image.

1 comment:

Boyd said...

Martin, this is a great shot ... although I found it a little disturbing at first glance ... I love the way the diagonal works to take one's eye through the shot from the left to right ... and you have included your person taking photos ... but when I first looked at it I thought the middle person was the mime and the jacket in her hand was a baby??? (yes, unusual way to hold it!) ... anyway, it did encourage me to look and ponder and take in all the elements ... overall, a wonderfully engaging shot ...